Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCE / TG16 Flash device from Krikzz
(07-09-2012, 10:56 PM)mic_ Wrote: That's cool. I haven't decided yet whether I'll get this one, considering that I already have 2 PCE flash cards. Though I'm not sure that my tototek card even works properly anymore (and the SD-card solution is obviously a lot more future proof) so who knows.

Btw, does this cart have BRAM for saving? I don't see any mention of it on the retrogate page.

I've already e-mailed Krikzz about the save support, so as soon as I get an answer, I'll post it here.

Seeing how rapidly things have been developing lately, I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I literally spent hundreds of dollars on the Neo Flash hardware [which seemed better than my dated ToToTek products, at least at the time], and pretty much as soon as I started using it, the Everdrive stuff started appearing. I'm not even kidding when I say that for each of the flash devices I bought, two new ones came out. And now we're getting sd2snes, with support for Satellaview, DSP1-4, ST-010, Cx4, MSU1 and S-RTC, with even more stuff in the works.

EDIT: Krikzz got back to me, and his answer was short: "turbo everdrive does not have any onboard save memory". I asked him a couple of questions, so to clarify and to be sure, I asked him if he implemented any kind of save support at all [saving onto the MicroSD], to which he replied: "there is no any save features. I don't care about one or two games, which can save some data". So I guess that's it. No save related features of any kind.

By the way, and this is a question for mic_, unless anyone else knows the answer. The Neo Flash card [128 + save] seems to be having problems with saving the game in Chris Covell's Tongueman's Logic. The game does have save support, as stated in the readme, but so far I've been unable to save successfully, and I've tried both modes, the BRAM enabled one, and the other one, for good measure.

Messages In This Thread
PCE / TG16 Flash device from Krikzz - by Morden - 06-05-2012, 06:46 PM
RE: PCE / TG16 Flash device from Krikzz - by -SD- - 06-07-2012, 09:06 AM
RE: PCE / TG16 Flash device from Krikzz - by mic_ - 07-09-2012, 10:56 PM
RE: PCE / TG16 Flash device from Krikzz - by Morden - 07-10-2012, 04:10 AM
RE: PCE / TG16 Flash device from Krikzz - by mic_ - 07-13-2012, 09:22 PM