Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Freeze
Has anyone played Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memoris on Freeplay Zero and gotten it to work?

I tried Disabling WiFi changing emulators but it freezes on opening video.  Not sure if bad file, or just cannot run on zero.
Look to work fine on my side using lr-mgba (Europe M5 size: 33554432b)
(12-31-2018, 10:12 AM)Porcinus Wrote: Look to work fine on my side using lr-mgba (Europe M5 size: 33554432b)

I did not try that emulator. I saw abother thread someone said the GPSP one a day not the lr- but I will try that! Thanks
So, I got pass the freeze point on that Emulator, but it is super choppy, even the basic menu. Though my PI seems to be choppy on some SNES games too. I have the PI Zero WH, disabled wifi and everything. Other GBA games I tested are fine like Minnish Cap, Pokemon, Advance Wars.

Edit: I bought a new SD card, I think that may be issue. I looked up speeds of mine, I got the Microcenter store brand. bought an EVO will see if that makes.
(12-31-2018, 12:22 PM)kronos262 Wrote: So, I got pass the freeze point on that Emulator, but it is super choppy, even the basic menu. Though my PI seems to be choppy on some SNES games too. I have the PI Zero WH, disabled wifi and everything. Other GBA games I tested are fine like Minnish Cap, Pokemon, Advance Wars.

Edit: I bought a new SD card, I think that may be issue. I looked up speeds of mine, I got the Microcenter store brand. bought an EVO will see if that makes.

That won't help. lr-mgba is meant to run on a higher performing system. The Pi Zero isn't powerful enough to run it at full speed, so unfortunately you're stuck with lr-gpsp.
(01-01-2019, 03:55 AM)Ordinary Vanity Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 12:22 PM)kronos262 Wrote: So, I got pass the freeze point on that Emulator, but it is super choppy, even the basic menu. Though my PI seems to be choppy on some SNES games too. I have the PI Zero WH, disabled wifi and everything. Other GBA games I tested are fine like Minnish Cap, Pokemon, Advance Wars.

That won't help. lr-mgba is meant to run on a higher performing system. The Pi Zero isn't powerful enough to run it at full speed, so unfortunately you're stuck with lr-gpsp.

Ah thanks, so then the above user must have the CM3 version.  I tried other roms, so thinking might be one not workable on PI Zero.
First of all, Happy now year to everyone Smile
I didn't thinked that CM3 and Zero have a such difference about GBA emulation :S
With GBA emulation, be SURE that you have the BIOS properly installed. Some emulators will not work without it. Even worse, some emulators will try to emulate the BIOS if it's not properly installed. This is worse, because you never know that it's being emulated and it can cause problems/slowdowns in this state.
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation ( http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ )
Neo Geo Pocket Flash Cart and Linker Project ( http://www.flashmasta.com/ )
Avatar art thanks to Trev-Mun ( http://trevmun.deviantart.com/ )
(01-03-2019, 03:40 AM)Flavor Wrote: With GBA emulation, be SURE that you have the BIOS properly installed.  Some emulators will not work without it.  Even worse, some emulators will try to emulate the BIOS if it's not properly installed.  This is worse, because you never know that it's being emulated and it can cause problems/slowdowns in this state.

Yeah I have the right bios. What I did was played the game on other emulator to first save point. Closed it, rename save to .sav, reload lr-gpsp and working fine now. Looked it up by emulator and found it's actually a common problem with that emulator and scene with game. 

Thanks for your help.
(01-01-2019, 07:55 PM)Porcinus Wrote: First of all, Happy now year to everyone Smile
I didn't thinked that CM3 and Zero have a such difference about GBA emulation :S

Not the model of the Pi per say, but the emulator used is a huge difference. Gpsp relies on a ton of speed hacks to get playable frame rates on low end systems where mgba aims for accuracy.