Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accessories for the NGPC
I've really been enjoying the NGPC, especially with the help of your flash cart. Smile We ended up buying a second unit for multiplayer, but it took us a while to find a link cable. vlame on the Racketboy forums got us in touch with Yoshimitsu at GameTZ, who sold us an official NGPC link cable for $10.

The second unit we bought was also in somewhat rough shape, with a scratched up screen and a missing AA battery door. The batteries seem to stay in there well enough without it (and tape could always help support them), but I wondered if maybe a market for replacement battery doors existed? It'd certainly be cool if we could purchase them from somewhere.

I'd also like to pick up an AC adapter, from what I understand the official case used to come with one? Is there a cheap place to get an adapter these days? We're just using camera cases for our NGPCs at the moment.

Finally, does anyone have recommendations on screen protectors? On Racketboy, user sneth recommended buying generic screen protector sheets and cutting them to fit the NGPC. I'll probably go that route at some point, I've actually ordered some DS Lite screen protectors for cheap from DealExtreme.com that I'm going to try to use. I also heard that at one point people used to sell entire replacements of screen cover, is there any way to get those still?

Sorry for all the random thoughts. Big Grin Thanks for making these forums, I look forward to reading more.
I'll address only one thing real quick.

AC Adapter: I am pretty sure that any Gameboy Color or Gameboy Pocket (if I recall correctly) adapter will work. Can anyone back me up on this? I don't want to give bad advice, but this is what I remember.

The rest are good points that I'll have to think about a bit.
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation ( http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ )
Neo Geo Pocket Flash Cart and Linker Project ( http://www.flashmasta.com/ )
Avatar art thanks to Trev-Mun ( http://trevmun.deviantart.com/ )
Whoa, thanks, I didn't realize they used the same tip! I tried a generic AC adapter with DC3V 200mA output just now and it seemed to work fine, but my battery light started flashing and I got the same warning screens you see when the CR2032 backup battery dies.

Once I unplugged the adapter, the warning screens were gone. I dug out my Nintendo brand Game Boy Pocket adapter after that with a 300 mA current instead. No "sub battery" warnings then, so I guess 200 mA isn't enough?

Good stuff, though, I'm glad I don't have to seek out anything special. Thanks again for the help!
(02-18-2012, 12:30 PM)Flavor Wrote: AC Adapter: I am pretty sure that any Gameboy Color or Gameboy Pocket (if I recall correctly) adapter will work. Can anyone back me up on this? I don't want to give bad advice, but this is what I remember.

Yes, you right Flavor, it's sure at 100%. Smile
----- SNK Forever -----
[Image: iceman.gif]
Back when the NGPC was alive, Madcow made replacement screen covers/lenses. Finding one now would be difficult, and I would argue it should be a collectors item! Your best bet is to get another system with a better lens, or maybe try to buff out your existing one with some special compound. I've never tried the latter.

A fried of mine used either a cut down PSP or DS screen protector for his NGPC with good success.
I use kindle and ipad screen protectors trimmed down, a bargain at Poundland.
(02-20-2012, 01:51 AM)Wiisel Wrote: I use kindle and ipad screen protectors trimmed down, a bargain at Poundland.

Same here. I don't have a single handheld without a screen protector of some kind, though most of them I cut out myself from larger ones. I buy mine at DealExtreme. Their stuff is dirt cheap, and the shipping is free, worldwide.

- > Kindle Screen Protector - $1.40

Also, it's a good place for protective cases of all sorts. While those for current and newer handhelds are easy to find, it's almost impossible to score [reasonably priced] original cases for consoles like GP32 or Neo Geo Pocket, etc.

- > Hard GPS Case 4.3" - $4.05

I found this one, and it's ideal for the two handhelds mentioned above. GP32 is a close fit, but the case zips up without problems. NGP is a bit smaller, but it fits without loosely rattling about. There's also some space for cartridges or memory cards. I highly recommend this one. Here's some pictures for those interested:

[Image: casengpc.th.jpg] [Image: casegp32.th.jpg] [Image: caseslf.th.jpg]
I just took out mine from a couple years of storage after an urge to play MotM.

It works great but I need a new white rubber thing from under the buttons. Like in this picture (from a GBC) :

[Image: IMG_1437.jpg]

Mine is worn out and the buttons don't spring back up correctly or make contact with the board well enough. Does anyone have a spare part to sell or any ideas how to replace it?

The joystick feels a little bit loose as well. Should it wiggle around much in the neutral position? Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

(02-22-2012, 08:10 AM)B.B. Hood Wrote: I just took out mine from a couple years of storage after an urge to play MotM.

It works great but I need a new white rubber thing from under the buttons. Like in this picture (from a GBC) :

Mine is worn out and the buttons don't spring back up correctly or make contact with the board well enough. Does anyone have a spare part to sell or any ideas how to replace it?

The joystick feels a little bit loose as well. Should it wiggle around much in the neutral position? Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

I wonder if you can find a broken unit somewhere. I'd think someone would be willing to let that go for real cheap.
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation ( http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ )
Neo Geo Pocket Flash Cart and Linker Project ( http://www.flashmasta.com/ )
Avatar art thanks to Trev-Mun ( http://trevmun.deviantart.com/ )
Quote:It works great but I need a new white rubber thing from under the buttons.

GameBoy Color's A & B buttons are the same distance from each other as those of a Neo Geo Pocket. The rubber itself also seems really similar, though it has some holes to hold it in place inside of the GBC housing, and I'm not sure about its thickness.

- > GameBoy Color Replacement Housing - $4.01

DealExtreme sells replacement housings for GBC's and they come with a full set of buttons and rubbers [as well as a new screen cover, so keep that in mind if you need one, and don't overpay. Those "professional chip musician" shops sell them at a higher price].

It's only $4 [shipping included], so it might be worth a try.